Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sherkat Ranch

A few weekends ago my dad came into town with my stepmom and little brothers! We had a blast, it's always so good to see them! My uncle owns a large amount of Property in Weleetka, OK. We went to visit and go fishing and just spend time together!!!


Here is the entrance to the pasture! It says "Sherkat" which is my maiden name!


I just fell in love with the cows, there were so many! The little baby cow here is named "Happy" I had never seen a cow with markings like this! The name "Skunky" was in consideration due to her markings. But since she jumps and frolics and is just so happy, that what they named her!


More cows! The one looking at the camera is Little Red. I didn't catch all their names, but each one has their own little personality. 


Little red Looking out! I love this shot because of the contrast between Little Red and the darker cows!


This is little Stephanie. She was 6 days old in this photo. Stephanie's mom wasn't really being very motherly. She leaves Stephanie and won't nurse her when she is hungry. My uncle is trying to get the mom to bond better by putting them both in an enclosed area.

We were looking everywhere for little Stephanie that morning. Mama cow left her alone in the pasture and went to join the adult cows towards the front of the property. Let me tell you, she was hard to find! But we finally did!


Little Stephanie running to find her mama. She was calling out to her the whole time. The mama cow finally answered her call. My uncle might end up having to bottle feed this little one if mama doesn't start letting her feed.


Heres my little brother Jackson fishing! He is 9 years old and is seriously the sweetest little guy I've ever met! Jackson caught several largemouth bass on Sherkat Ranch! I was so proud of him, He's a very good fisherman!


This is my Littlest brother, Owen! He is 4 but will be turning 5 next month. Owen is very fun and high spirited! He's a very active little guy and has a great sense of humor! He had a hard time fishing at first but ended up catching quite a few fish too! He's going to have some great fisherman stories to tell!!!


Caught a great one of Jackson and Owen in the act! Jackson found a small dead snake by the house and was using that as bait! He would drag his line all over the pond to make it look like the fish was swimming! Such a smart little guy! Owen got so good at casting his line. That's a hard one to do when you're little!

We had such a good time! There was talking, Laughing, picture taking, and a lot of good family fun! Ryan and I will be going back soon, we loved the remote location and my aunt and uncle are two of my very favorite people!

We love Weleetka, OK!!!!

No comments: